Wednesday 4 July 2007

A good day

I was up early this morning to collect Edward and Richard from the airport this morning. They arrived almost on time. A big breakfast was our first stop after a taxi ride back to Norwood.

Back in the apartment, both boys had a nap while I headed out for coffee with working title press publisher Jane Covernton. I'd forgotten that Omnibus was for some years in Fullarton Rd near hear, which explains why Jane was so familiar with the area and knew just where to go for coffee! We had a great chat.

I was back at the apartment for a short while before heading to Goodwood to meet with the Chair of the Pedal Prix organisation. I really enjoyed hearing about the history of this event, which I had imagined was generated by the Formula One Grand Prix event. It had a very different genesis, via a Tech teachers association looking for a co-curricular project for their tech school students. In that sense, the 'road testing' which became the Pedal Prix was almost an afterthought!

After a trip back with a very enthusiastic cabbie who accelerated my career into movies and limousines, and who dropped me off saying I need to write something about cabbies, I roused my sleepy boys but could only convince Richard to accompany me on a bus trip into town. We bought him a toothbrush (yes he forgot to bring one) and some trousers (what do you mean the mid-calf look is passe?) and then...okay, first...we found 'Snow Play' (packaged with bag) on prominent display in the book section. Richard obliged me by taking several photos.
You may notice that notice that of Target's best sellers I am No 1, No 2 and No 3!

I meant to say in my last post that Mary had given me a piece of orange poppyseed cake to take home after elevenses the other day. I gotta say, it was very nice. Thanks Mary, thanks Tin Cat Cafe. I looked up their web presence and wish I had time to have dinner there, it looks great. We had the upstairs room to ourselves which was great. I liked the fish tank television and some of the jewellry on display (especially the little boot earrings).

So many great places, so little time!

No comments: