Thursday 12 July 2007

It's great to be home and to have my family around me again. The Fellowship was wonderful and I achieved more than I thought possible. What would be fantastic now is a mini fellowship each day - where there were no interuptions for at least a couple of hours. That I could get used to on an ongoing basis.

I've spent the week catching up with paperwork (not mentioning any domestic things uh uh) and phone calls. I've written myself a list of tasks and crossing them off one by one. I've been offered a contract for another picture book which is exciting.

The chapter book draft has a due date and I'm working towards that. It's shaping up nicely. Non fiction and poetry are awaiting tweaking and submission. The novel is shaking the cage and asking to be let out again, but redrafting will need to wait until boys are back at school and more pressing projects have been completed.

This post feels naked without photos. I'll have to take the camera on my morning walk. Today I walked on parkland at Williamstown that was only saved for public use by sustained effort on the part of locals. It's a great spot, with panoramic ocean frontage. It looks out into Port Phillip Bay. Our puppy, Emmi, loved it as much as I did. It's an off lead park and she was the only dog. Bliss, all those birds for her alone!

No comments: